30 facts about prophet Muhammad -PBUH-
By Hind Touissate
Kenitra – Today, the world is going through war time, many terrorist activities are targeting innocent people in different parts of the world and in most of these activities Muslims are caught up as suicide bombers or terrorists in short. My aim behind writing this post is to just give the most accurate and original information regarding our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Here are 30 facts about the prophet Muhammad -PBUH-:
1. He was a descendant of the Prophet Ismail the son of Prophet Ibrahim. -PBUT-
2. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born in Mecca.
3. The year was 570 A.D.
4. Shortly after his birth his mother died.
5. His father was already dead before his birth. So he became orphan.
6. During this time his uncle Aboo Talib and his grand father Abdul-mutlib took care of him.
7. At the age of nine he started going on trade trips along with his uncle.
8. He met with people of different nations and religions during those trips.
9. His character was respected by all. People throughout Medina including the Jews gave him the name of “The Trustworthy.”
10. In one of his trips he met a Christian scholar, the scholar said to his uncle that he will one day do something great and I can see it because all the trees, mountains and sea are in the bow in front of him.
11. When he got 25, he got a proposal from Khadija for marriage which he accepted and thus they got married. Khadija was 40 years of age at the time of marriage.
12. For the first 54 years of his life he had only one wife. His only wife till 50th year of his life was Sayyida Khadija.
13. They had sons but they died in their childhood.
14. Prophet Muhammed married Sayyida Aicha when she was 9 years old. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago. Yet with these facts no historian claims that all these people were sick perverts, historians would call anyone who made such a claim to be arrogant and very stupid who has no grasp or understanding of history.
15. He never ate alone. He invited others and then ate with them.
16. He encouraged the washing of hands before and after eating food.
17. He regularly visited the poor and ill.
18. Upon visiting a person, he used to greet them and then take their permission before entering the house and encourage others to do the same as a mark of respect.
19. He used to mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor as well as do the household shopping during his married life.
20. As people of Mecca at that time were involved in many sinful activities, like they killed their daughters, did drinking, rape, and killing of innocent people, Prophet Muhammad did not admired those activities at all and to have solitude and peace he went to cave Hira.
21. Once when he was in the cave Hira he saw Angel Gabriel there. The angel said to him « read in the name of Allah », Prophet Muhammad replied that I can neither read nor write I am an illiterate.
22. After Angel Gabriel came again with revelations, he started preaching Islam to people.
23. He used to preach to people, but avoided preaching to excess to avoid annoying people.
24. He sometimes prayed so much his legs swelled. In one incident, he was asked why he offered such an unbearable prayer and he replied with “Shall I not be a thankful slave (to Allah)?”
25. He sent letters to Kings and leaders beyond Arabia inviting them to Islam.
26. Pagans and Non-Muslims did harm to Prophet Muhammad PBUH and other Muslims by different means but Prophet Muhammad had patience and perseverance.
27. His Prophethood lasted for a long period of 23 years, during which he received Revelations from Allah.
28. He never proclaimed himself as anyone or anything Divine.
29. His name is now one of the most popular names in the world.
30. After 23 years of Prophet-hood Muhammad (p.b.u.h) died and after his death Islam spread to other places too because of the efforts of his Caliphs. The revelations of Allah on Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) were compiled in Quran after his death.
Hind Touissat is a 22-year old Moroccan from the city of Kenitra. She is majoring in Marketing from the National School of Trade and Management. She started blogging in 2011 and was voted “Best Female Blogger in Morocco” at the Maroc Web Awards 6 months after starting her Blog entitled “According to Hind.” She is a member of Morocco World News editorial board.