Morocco World News: Championing Free Speech and Thoughtful Debate Through Journalistic Excellence
Morocco World News is dedicated to bringing the news of Morocco and the MENA region to a wide audience without bias or a political agenda. MWN’s vision is to be a champion of free speech and a protagonist for thoughtful dialogue on diverse subjects to do with the Middle East and Morocco. Speaking the truth, disseminating the truth, and raising questions about the truth are the main principles guiding the work of Morocco World News.
In seeking to fulfill its mission, MWN strives to maintain the highest standards of journalistic ethics and journalistic excellence. MWN strives to ensure that MWN’s content is independent, free from bias, and executed with the utmost integrity in accordance with the following Core Values.
1. Accuracy — Accuracy entails honesty in sourcing and verifying sources.
2. Independence — Independence is the essence of MWN’s reputation and fundamental to the trust that allows MWN to report impartially from all sides of a conflict or dispute.
3. Fairness and Balance — Freedom from bias and neutrality is a hallmark of excellent journalism, allowing MWN to work on all sides of an issue, conflict or dispute without any agenda other than accurate, fair reporting.
4. Integrity — MWN adheres to the highest ethical standards of journalism, including full attribution to sources.
5. Clarity — Clear separation of analysis from opinion and editorial from advertising content.
MWN’s Mission and Editorial Policies:
To search for and report the truth, fairly, honestly and unfailingly, and to facilitate the free expression of opinion in accordance with MWN’s high journalistic standards. MWN aims to reflect the world as it is, including all aspects of the human experience and realities in the natural world. MWN balances its right and duty to report innovative and challenging content with the responsibility to protect the vulnerable from harm and avoid unjustifiable offense. While MWN is sensitive to generally accepted standards as well as our audiences’ expectations of our content, MWN does not sweep controversial subjects under the carpet or censor controversial opinions.
Guiding Principles for Contributing Journalists and Reporters:
• Always hold accuracy sacrosanct
• Always correct an error openly
• Always strive for balance and freedom from bias
• Always reveal a conflict of interest
• Always respect privileged information
• Always protect sources from the authorities
• Always guard against putting the reporter’s opinion in a news story
• Never fabricate or plagiarize
• Never alter a still or moving image beyond the requirements of normal image enhancement
• Never pay for a story and never accept a bribe