“Lmrozia” is an authentic Moroccan dish usually prepared in “Eid Al Adha," a religious feast.
1 kg of red meat (lamb)
3 onions cut into small pieces.
1tsp ground black pepper.
½ tsp turmeric
Few saffron stamens
1tsp of the “Ras lhanout” : typically Moroccan mixture of more than 40 spices and herbs (you can make your own mix, using at least: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, white pepper, fenugreek and ginger)
½ tsp cinnamon
3 minced cloves of garlic
½ cup olive oil
2tbsp granulated sugar or honey.
½ cup raisins soaked in water for an hour
¼ cup almonds.
Way of preparation:
- In a bowl, mix “Ras lhanout”, saffron, salt with some water.
- Marinate the red meat in the mixture of all these spices for half an hour.
- In a pressure cooker, put onions with oil and meat.
- Put the cooker on the stove and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the other spices with butter and 1 litter of water then cook for 40 minutes (under slow heat fire).
- Add raisins and honey or sugar and cook again for 10 minutes.
- At that time boil almonds and peel them (they are easiest to peel while still warm) then fry them in hot oil till their colour is golden.
- Finally, serve the meal in a plate with fried almonds decoratively on the top.