The idea of seeing lamb's head served on a plate seems weird and even disgusting for some people, but please wait! taste it before you hasten to judge it.
Taroudant – For foreigners some food may seem very strange and exotic like sheep’s testicle, escargots, steamed sheep’s head and spicy fried cow or sheep’s brain, but the taste is irresistibly delicious.
The head of a lamb steamed in a cook pressure over a low heat fire after being charred and cleaned is very delicious. It may sound a weird idea but once you try it especially with some more spicy sauce you simply discover the delicious taste of those sticky meat of the head of a lamb.
Follow these simple and easy steps to enjoy the secrets of traditional Moroccan cuisine.
1 sheep’s head.
1 onion cut into slices.
2 tsp salt.
2 tbsp cumin.
1tsp black pepper.
Way of preparation:
1. The sheep’s head has to be charred over coals to remove the fur, then clean it very well and drain it.
2. In a pressure cooker put a medium metal or metal bowl upside down and add enough water.
3. In the cooker’s steamer put onion and sheep’s head after you cut it into 6 or 8 pieces, then sprinkle salt, cumin and black pepper on it.
4. Put the steamer inside the pressure cooker (be sure the water level is below the bottom of your steamer)
5. Cover the pressure cooker tightly and let cook for over medium heat for an hour and a half.
6. Place the sheep’s head on a plate and serve it with cumin, salt and some salads or steamed vegetables.
© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed