BERLIN, Oct 30, 2012 (AFP) -
BERLIN, Oct 30, 2012 (AFP) –
A Frenchman wanted over the 2003 suicide attacks in Casablanca that killed 33 people plus the bombers has been arrested at Munich airport, German police said Tuesday.
Authorities in Morocco had issued an international arrest warrant for the 37-year-old French national of Moroccan origin, who was arrested while in transit in Munich with his family on Monday, police said in a statement.
The suspect, identified only as Fouad C., is being held in custody ahead of his eventual extradition, the police said.
He had arrived in Munich en route from France to Dubai.
The May 2003 suicide bombings in the coastal city of Casablanca were the deadliest ever in Morocco. Forty-five people died including 12 suicidebombers
and dozens more were wounded.
The north African kingdom was hit by another bombing in April last year when 17 people were killed in an attack on a Marrakech cafe, dealing a heavy blow to the tourist industry.