Morocco World News
Taroudant, Morocco, March 23, 2013
Maakouda is a delicious potato fritters prepared by nearly all Moroccan families. It is a crispy and spicy disc shape fritters made of mashed potatoes mixed with some herbs and spices, dipped in whipped eggs and then fried.
It can be served as a great snack or a side dish, but for some people, a plate of Maakouda with fresh soft bread and spicy sauce or salad is just a good meal.
Moroccan restaurants and street food always have this mouthwatering appetizer in their menus.
2 cloves of minced garlic.
½ tsp salt.
1 tsp paprika.
¼ tsp black pepper.
2 tbsp chopped parsley and coriander.
1 whipped egg.
Way of preparation:
- Clean potatoes, peel and cut then boil them.
- Drain the boiled potatoes and let them cool.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork, add egg, parsley, coriander and spices then mix well.
- Make small balls from the paste and press them a little by the palm of hand.
- Dip the patties in egg then in flour.
- Fry the patties in hot oil in both sides until they are golden brown.
© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed