By Layla Dahamou
By Layla Dahamou
Morocco World News
Tinejdad, Morocco – Lsan Teer, (bird’s tongue) known also as Wdinat Lghzal (gazelle’s ears) is a sweet honeyed Moroccan cookie served in snacks along with Moroccan mint tea.
These golden brown sweets are also served in Lftour meal during Ramadan. Like Chebbakia, Lsan Teer is very sweet with diagonal cuts that gave it a nice shape.
It is a deep rooted custom in Moroccan culture that families serve cookies before principal meals in special occasions like weddings and other festivities. Halwat Lsan teer is always served for these events along with other Moroccan authentic cookies like Lfekkas, Briwat and Kaab Lghzal.
Because of its high amount of sugar, and its special place in Moroccan cuisine, Moroccan families make it an essential element for Lftour meal during Ramdan.
1 kg of white flour.
15 cl melt butter.
1 baking powder.
A little of vanilla.
1tbsp orange blossom
(Enough water for kneading)
Oil for frying.
1 kg of honey.
Way of preparation:
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
2. Add butter and eggs then mix well.
3. Add water little by little and knead well by hands until you get smooth and cohesive dough (it shouldn’t be sticky.)
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Now, you will pull off pieces of dough to form small balls.
6. This is a good time to heat up the comal or a skillet. Set it at medium to high heat.
7. On your oily work surface, work one at a time, remove each piece of dough and pat till it becomes thin.
8. Lay your tortilla on the hot comal or skillet. It takes just a few seconds to cook. Flip to the other side.
9. When they are done, cover them with a plastic paper to keep them soft.
10. In a small bowl, mix a half cup of water and 1 tbsp of flour.
11. Roll the tortilla and put some mixture of flour and water in the last tip of tortilla and close it.
12. Do the same with other tortillas.
13. Cut the rolled tortillas diagonally to form good shapes.
14. Heat oil and fry the pieces until their color is golden.
15. Dip them in honey and let them drain then sprinkle sesame on them.
©Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed