Rabat - King Mohammed VI has granted his pardon to 216 convicts to mark Eid Al Adha, the ministry of justice and freedoms said Saturday.
Rabat – King Mohammed VI has granted his pardon to 216 convicts to mark Eid Al Adha, the ministry of justice and freedoms said Saturday.
The detained beneficiaries of the pardon are:
– 96 prisoners had their prison terms reduced.
– Three inmates’ life sentences commuted to limited prison terms.
The beneficiaries of the pardon are 117:
– 30 prisoners benefited from pardon over their imprisonment term or remaining prison term.
– 17 had their prison sentences dropped and fines maintained.
– One inmate benefited from pardon over his prison term and fine
– 69 inmates had their fines annulled.
Pardon is granted to a number of prisoners by the Sovereign on the occasion of religious and major national celebrations, notably at Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha (lamb sacrifice).