By Bernard Ditto
By Bernard Ditto
New York – To make a positive impression on the casting agents, your kid needs to communicate well and also present themselves in a professional manner. Coaching your child on fashion and other aspects which impact their personality is important, but do not over coach them as the child responses should be natural. Following are 5 general fashion tips that can guide your child well when he or she goes to a casting.
1. Clothes: Try and keep what your child wears normally on a daily basis. For little boys, avoid ties and jackets as generally this is not their normal attire. Girls can wear pageantry type dresses. The dress worn by your child should be comfortable and smart. Do not ask them to wear anything jazzy or glittery that doesn’t suit them. However, do note that you can add some loud colors that make them stand out during the casting. Try and have a talk with your casting agency before the casting session to know any specific requirements that they might have.
2. Hairstyle: The hairstyle should be proper and elegant. The hair should not cover till the eyes. The child should look neat and proper. You can be creative with the hairstyle and make use of moisturizers so the hairs are soft and supple. However, choose a hairstyle that looks natural and stylish but do not overdo it using sprays and other stuff that spoils the natural charm of your child.
3. Makeup: The makeup should not be used as children have a pretty skin naturally. However, you can pamper the skin of your little prince and princess using a little blush or foundation, but not too much. Moreover, makeup items are full of chemicals which are not good for your kid’s skin. This will not look natural as well. Casting directors want to observe the natural beauty of the children, so showcase beautiful features of your kids without using a lot of makeup.
4. Accessories: You can Use some accessories like bags, watches, etc. that goes well with the dress. Over here as well, do not make use of big hats or chains that look loud. Use simple accessories which improve the total appeal of your kid’s dress and enhance his or her personality. You can also ask your modeling agency as to what your toddler needs to wear for accessories.
5. Jewelry: Girls can wear some jewelry that suits them like ear rings and a small pendant. Do not make them wear lot of jewelry. The jewelry should support the outfit but should not look very funky or jazzy. Be creative and let your princess wear small ear rings, ring and a bracelet with her dress and boys can wear a watch.
Your child needs to develop the right aptitude for modeling and while the going may seem tough at the beginning, it definitely is rewarding. You can try out bubblegum casting to know how it will help your child.