Casablanca - Health Minister El Houssaine Louardi on Monday said there is no suspected case of Ebola in Morocco, one of the deadliest diseases known to man.
Casablanca – Health Minister El Houssaine Louardi on Monday said there is no suspected case of Ebola in Morocco, one of the deadliest diseases known to man.
“Twenty-seven suspected cases have been reported by health services since the outbreak of the epidemic,” Dr. Louardi said at a press conference, noting that the tests performed on these cases were negative.
Previously, Mr. Louardi, Interior Minister Mohamed Assad and President of the Central Coordination Post (CPC), Lieutenant General and Commander of the Royal Gendarmerie, Hosni Benslimane had attended health inspection operations of passengers from Ebola-affected countries, implemented within the framework of the national preparedness and response plan, which aims to prevent the entry of the Ebola virus to the kingdom.
On this occasion, the officials were briefed on the different control steps at the Mohammed V International Airport, which hosts daily flights from 26 African countries.
The Ebola epidemic death toll was heavy in Western Africa and reached 8,235 out of the 20,500 declared contamination cases, according to a report released on January 4 by the World Health Organization (WHO).