Rabat- A second Moroccan has been arrested in connection with the attack on the Bardo National Museum in Tunis that left 22 people dead.
Tunisian authorities have arrested a Moroccan suspect in connection with a deadly attack in March on the Bardo National Museum in Tunis, the interior ministry said on Thursday.
Noureddine al-Naibi was arrested on Sunday at the Ras Jedir border post on the frontier with neighboring Libya on suspicion of indirect involvement in the Bardo attack, interior ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told AFP.
He also said the Moroccan suspect was using a forged passport.
Last week, another Moroccan man was arrested in Italy for allegedly providing weapons for the two Tunisian gunmen who carried out the March 18 attack.
Abdelmajid Touil, 22, was arrested by Italy’s anti-terrorism police at the home of his mother in Gaggiano, eight miles from Milan.
Around 50 people have been arrested in Tunisia in connection with the attack, but the Tunisian Interior Ministry has stated the mastermind of the attack is still at large.