Rabat - Bernard Cazeneuve, French Minister of Interior, said the suspect of the Lyon terrorist attack has been identified Yassine Salhi.
Rabat – Bernard Cazeneuve, French Minister of Interior, said the suspect of the Lyon terrorist attack has been identified Yassine Salhi.
According to Cazeneuve, the man accused of decapitating a man and causing an explosion on Friday, is as 35-year-old man from the Saint-Priest suburb of Lyon.
The same source added that the suspect, married and father of three children, had been under surveillance between 2006 and 2008 for “radicalization” and his “links with Salafist movement.”
Though the man has no criminal record, the French Minister of Interior said that the suspect has links with jihadists.
Salhi was reportedly wounded in the face and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance escorted by firefighters and police vehicles.
French authorities continue their investigation to arrest other accomplices who may have been involved in the terrorist attacks.
According to French newspaper L’Express, Salhi may have two accomplices.
“At least two occupants, possibly three, were seen in the car that forced the factory gate,” a source close to the investigation was quoted by the newspaper as saying.
Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed without permission