Rabat - Morocco’s Minister of Communications Mustapha El-Khalfi has said that the statement made by the Algerian Prime Minister implicating Morocco in the bloody events of Ghardaia this month is “unacceptable.”
Rabat – Morocco’s Minister of Communications Mustapha El-Khalfi has said that the statement made by the Algerian Prime Minister implicating Morocco in the bloody events of Ghardaia this month is “unacceptable.”
Mustapha El-Khalfi made this statement during a press conference on Thursday, following the weekly government meeting held in Rabat.
He went on to add that the insinuations made by the Algerian Prime Minster, Abdelmalek Sellal, are “unfounded and hence, null and void.” The insinuations are about the alleged ‘involvement’ of Morocco in funding the Amazigh minority Mozabite in its fight against the Arab majority Chaambi in Ghardaia,
“For over twelve centuries, Morocco has developed its history according to the principle that it will not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries,” El-Khalfi added.
Last week, the Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal accused Morocco of encouraging sectarian clashes between the Arabs and the Amazigh in Ghardaia that left at least 22 people dead.
The Algerian PM indirectly accused Morocco of “financing his country’s enemies in an attempt to foment sectarian conflict in Algeria between the Arab and Amazigh communities.”
Sellal was quoted by the news website Algérie 1 as saying that: “We know the source of funding for these plans came from one brotherly country and other countries which are not.”
“We have in our possession the names of the authors of ‘Fitna’ (sedition) and the youths they are trying to manipulate,” he concluded.