Rabat - King Mohammed VI handed this Thursday distinctions to a group of Moroccan and foreign outstanding figures, during a banquet held at the Royal Palace of Rabat to mark the 13th throne day.
Rabat – King Mohammed VI handed this Thursday distinctions to a group of Moroccan and foreign outstanding figures, during a banquet held at the Royal Palace of Rabat to mark the 13th throne day.
Here follows the list of recipients:
Throne medal (Wissam Al Arch), exceptional class:
– Late Abdelhadi Tazi, former diplomat, historian and writer (the medal was handed to his son Badr Tazi).
– Mohamed Ait Idder, resister and political leader.
Throne medal, first class (Great officer):
– Late Abdellah Baha, former minister of state (the medal was handed to his son Mohamed Amine Baha).
– Late Mohamed Larbi Messari, former communication minister, diplomat, historian and journalist (the medal was handed to his son Nizar Messari).
– Late Abdellatif Berbich, medicine professor, former perpetual secretary of the Academy of the Kingdom (the medal was handed to his son Omar Berbich).
– Ahmed Herzenni, former president of the Human Rights Consultative Council.
Alawi medal, 2nd class (Commander):
– Jamil Soulaymane Hamza Jalal, Moutaouif at Al-Haram Achcharif in Meccah.
– Jean Paul Carteron, “Crans Montana Forum” Founding-President.
National reward medal, 1st class (Great officer):
– Mohamed Ben Abdessalam, musician and composer .
– Late Amr Tantaoui, musician and composer (Medal handed to his son Noureddine Tantaoui).
National Reward Medal, 2nd class (Commander):
– Mourabit El Khammar, Director of the “nuclear security” department at the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency.
– Abdellah Moukssit, manager of national meteorology, international expert of climatic research and forecasts.
– Khenata Bennouna, writer and poet
– Late Farid Belkahiya, painter (medal handed to his widow Rajae Benchemsi).
– Abdellatif Dechraoui, playwright.
– Mustapha Dassoukine, movie and drama actor.
– Mustapha Zaari, movie and drama actor.
– Abdelkader Moutaâ, movie and drama actor.
– Abdelaziz Boualil (alias Aziz Maouhoub), movie and drama actor.
– late Mohamed Bastaoui, movie and drama actor (medal handed to his son Oussama Bastaoui).
Wissam Al Mukafaa Al Watania of 3rd rank (officer):
– Taha Boukdib, president-founder of company specialized in tea production in Singapore.
– Amine Hajitou, researcher in biology in Texas University, inventor of new cancer treatment method and manager of a virology laboratory in London Imperial College.
– Soulaymane Khachani, vice-president of Columbia university in New York and industrial engineering professor.
– Ouafae Sqali, director of the biomechanics institute and professor at the national higher school for arts and jobs in Paris.
Wissam Al Mukafaa Al Watania of 4th rank (knight):
– Zineb Mouline, professor-researcher in chemistry, specialist in greenhouse gases analysis at Japan’s Nagoya University.
– Aziz Benmalek, vice-president of “Hosting services providers” department at the Seattle Microsoft company at the USA.
– Hamouti Belkhir, higher education professor at the sciences faculty of the Oujda Mohamed I University, internationally-recognized chemist.
– Asmae Boujibar, scientist, first Moroccan woman to join NASA, specialist in astronomy and volcanology.
– Hassan Bencheikh, CEO-founder of company specializing in new information technology in London.
– Anas Latif Hssissen, recipient of “best young businessman” prize in Stockholm.
– Abderrahim Naji, named ‘immigrant entrepreneur of the year” in its 7th edition 2015 in Italy.
– Idriss Kass (known as Idriss Khouri), writer and journalist.
Alawite wissam of 4th rank (knight):
– Lino Bacco, sports journalist.
Wissam Al Istihkak Al Watani of 2nd rank:
– Inass Al Mouataz Billah, student who got the best mark in exams of the 2015 baccalaureate (high school diploma) nationally.
– Yahya Lamrani, student who got the best mark in exams of the 2015 baccalaureate in technical high schools.
– Zineb Akroud, cancer student who succeeded in baccalaureate exams while in the hospital (Wissam was handed to her father El Houceine Akroud)
– Issam Lakhal, graduate of vocational training, recipient of first prize of CISCO-MENA international competition.
– Issam Kastit, graduate of vocational training, first of his class in services-offshoring course.