Rabat - Sixteen people from the same family in Agadir had to seek medical treatment for food poisoning after eating watermelons, daily newspaper Al Akhbar reported.
Rabat – Sixteen people from the same family in Agadir had to seek medical treatment for food poisoning after eating watermelons, daily newspaper Al Akhbar reported.
The members of the family were rushed to the emergency services at the Hassan II Hospital in Agadir last week after they ate the slices of the summer fruit.
According to the newspaper, the family purchased the watermelon from a street vendor on their way to the beach. They ate the ‘delicious’ fruit between swimming and sunbathing.
Moments later, however, all of the family members began falling ill one by one. They felt pain in the stomach and digestive disorders and vomiting.
It is not yet clear what actually caused the poisoning. However, the watermelons are believed they might have been treated with harmful chemicals.
Fourteen members of the family were able to return home after receiving necessary treatment. A child and his mother are still in intensive care.
© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed without permission