Rabat - The Moroccan police department has issued an arrest warrant against terrorists Salah Abdeslam and Mohamed Abrini who were involved in the November 13 Paris attacks.
Rabat – The Moroccan police department has issued an arrest warrant against terrorists Salah Abdeslam and Mohamed Abrini who were involved in the November 13 Paris attacks.
The national arrest warrant was issued on November 27 by the Moroccan General Directorate of National Security (DGSN).
Police released pictures of the terror suspects and urged whoever has information about their whereabouts to contact the authorities.
Moroccan daily news website Hespress, which posted pictures of the arrest warrants, speculated that Abdeslam and Abrini might be in Morocco.
The publication said that the arrest warrants might have been issued after Moroccan services received information that the terror suspects made it the kingdom.
An investigation into last month’s terror attacks in Paris revealed that Mohamed Abrini reportedly drove a car into the city with Salah Abdeslam.
Abrini, 30, was filmed with wanted terrorist Salah Abdeslam at a gas station in Ressons, France on the motorway to Paris, aboard the Renault Clio, a vehicle which was later used in the attack.
In addition, Belgium issued an international arrest warrant for Mohamed Abrini. Belgian police said Abrini was “dangerous and probably armed” and that he should not be approached by the public.
Belgian authorities confirmed that Abrini is thought to have traveled to Syria and may have undergone terror training in the war-torn country before returning to Belgium.
International officials were searching for Abdeslam in Germany, France and Belgium after he disappeared.
The Paris attacks killed at least 130 people and wounded more than 350 others, many of them seriously.