Rabat - A former Moroccan immigrant, charged with “exposing the lives of others to risk” because he interrupted the King Mohammed VI’s official motorcade on Monday, has been forgiven by the king for his actions, according to Hespress.
Rabat – A former Moroccan immigrant, charged with “exposing the lives of others to risk” because he interrupted the King Mohammed VI’s official motorcade on Monday, has been forgiven by the king for his actions, according to Hespress.
Sources close to the issue told Hespress on Wednesday that the man, who ran onto the street as the motorcade was passing in Rabat, was granted amnesty for his actions after the king sent a message to security forces telling them to freeze follow-up on the case.
A video posted to YouTube earlier this week pictures him trying to deliver a letter to the king.
“The amnesty underlines, once again, the human side of the character of King Mohammed VI,” the source said, as the decision was made on the basis of the man’s social and familial situation.
New details about the man say that he lived in Spain as a legal immigrant since he was 11 years old, but returned to Morocco due to the deepening economic crisis on the Iberian Peninsula. The man also earned a master’s degree in management during his time in Spain.
Investigations by Moroccan authorities into the man’s life revealed that he has experienced “severe” family problems in recent years. After he divorced from his wife, with whom he has a child, he fell into conflict with her over alimony.
When he felt that “all of his doors were shut,” he thought to “storm” the royal procession and present his problems to the king, investigators added.
The king was headed to ground-breaking of the construction of two new train stations in Rabat – Rabat-City and Rabat-Agdal – when the man interrupted the royal procession.