Rabat - A Saudi man passed away on Mar. 6 after drinking “adulterated whiskey” at a nightclub in Marrakech.
Rabat – A Saudi man passed away on Mar. 6 after drinking “adulterated whiskey” at a nightclub in Marrakech.
According to an article published on Mar. 9 in Moroccan daily Al Akhbar, the young man, 38, died on Sunday at the Ibn Tufail Hospital in Marrakech after an overdose of adulterated, or tainted, whiskey.
The Saudi national and his two compatriots’ night out turned into a tragedy when they came back to the villa they rented in Wahat Sidi Brahim, in the suburbs of Marrakech, after a boozy evening.
According to the same source, the deceased felt a terrible pain in his stomach.
His two friends called an ambulance, but it was too late. The Saudi national died of alcohol poisoning at the hospital.
The same article cited informed sources who said that the three friends spent the evening in a nightclub reserved only for visitors from the Gulf and strictly prohibited for Moroccan men.
Al Akhbar added that the autopsy report, performed under the supervision of the Marrakech General Prosecutor, confirmed that the victim died of alcohol poisoning due to his consumption of adulterated whisky.
The daily added that an investigation was opened and police likely went to the nightclub to take samples of the drinks served to customers.
Edited by Kelsey Fish