By Maria Douich
By Maria Douich
Connecticut – Marketing today no longer consists of only ad placements and cold calling, the new strategy in style for the most innovative of companies is: Inbound Marketing.
Why spend thousands going after the customer, when you can spend less wheeling them in. Companies today earn their prospect’s trust by producing remarkable quality content. And we all know, when you earn consumer trust, you earn their business. This is the ultimate goal for any company, in any industry.
Our trusty marketing team at Morocco World News have gathered industry best practices for our readers to implement, share and delight! Here are 10 steps to achieving a successful inbound marketing strategy that will drive more traffic to your offer and help you convert more leads into loyal customers.
1. First, start by setting goals and state clearly what your company/organization wants to achieve from this strategy. This way your team stays organized and on track. Use the SMART method to help you define your goals:
S – Specific: are you looking for more visits to your site? More leads or customers?
M – Measurable: provide a specific number to keep in mind
A – Attainable: understand the benchmarks, risks and all variables
R – Relevant: Does it relate back to the overall end goal?
T – Timely: always include a timeframe to stay on track
Here is an example of a SMART goal frame: “Increase _________ by __________ from ____________ by this date _________”
Now let’s fill in the blanks: Increase Lead Conversion by 50% from 20% by End of Third Quarter.
2. Follow this trusty Inbound Methodology to understand what it takes to attract customers to your offer and convert them from being Strangers to Promoters:
3. ATTRACT: Strangers with your Blog, Keywords & Social Publishing
4. CONVERT: now Visitors, convince them to complete an opt-in form, click on Calls-to-Action and reach your Landing Pages
5. CLOSE: Now you know more the visitor, say hello to your Lead, enter them into your CRM, include them in email marketing campaigns workflows
6. DELIGHT: You may now delight your Customer! Keep producing smart content, gather survey intel and monitor social media.
Congratulations! You now have your own brand Promoters, be sure to feed them remarkable content they can be proud to share with their network.
3. To reach great Inbound success your team needs to consider this:
– Use buyer personas: customer profiles that detail their industry, role, interests, challenges and goals. Research your ideal customer, identify trends and create persona stories.
– Use the buyer’s journey: Awareness à Consideration à Decision – research process leading to the purchase.
A) Awareness: Prospect realizes they have a problem
B) Consideration: Problem is clearly identified
C) Decision: Prospect decided on a solution
– Create remarkable content: consider who are you trying to reach and what their problems are. The type of content also depends on the channel in which it will be promoted and shared. Keep in mind to use the right distribution technique to get the content in front of the right buyer persona. Create educational content, don’t tell your buyer persona who you are and what you do, but help them identify their issues and offer them solutions.
INBOUND MARKETING = CONTENT + CONTEXT