Rabat – Bernard Cazeneuve, France’s Minister of Interior announced that French authorities expelled two Moroccans their country of origin.
The Minister said in a statement published on Friday that the Moroccans were expelled for representing “a major threat to public order.”
“Given the serious threat that the preservation of these two individuals on French soil represents for the public order,” said Cazeneuve, his department “has decided to pursue against them an immediately effective deportation.” His statement was published in La Soirée as quoted on the news website Francetvinfo.fr.
The Minister said the decision to expel the two Moroccans, which he described as “radicalized,” is legal and has been undertaken to combat terrorism.
The decision is claimed to affirm “the unwavering determination of the government to fight against terrorism by all legal means,” he said.
According to the statement quoted in the same website, other deportations had taken place this year:
“Six similar deportation have occurred since the beginning of August, and 15 since the beginning of the year,” said Cazeneuve.
The deportation of the two Moroccans comes after several terrorist attacks in France which has created tension within the country. The Muslim community feels the extended “state of emergency” declared by the French republic has left them the target of a number of ‘security measures’.
The latest measure is the unilateral decision of 30 seaside towns to ban the Islamic beachwear known as the burkini.
Last week, pictures of four armed French policemen forcing a Muslim women to strip at the beach caused an uproar throughout the Islamic World.
The Council of State, France’s highest court, suspended the burkini ban as a violation of freedom of expression and declared that the mayor of Villeneuve-Loubet had no legal basis in which to enact the ban of burkinis on public beaches.