Rabat - A total of 1,410 candidacy lists were submitted for local and national electoral districts, including 6,992 candidates, according to provisional preliminary data at the end of the candidacy submission process.
Rabat – A total of 1,410 candidacy lists were submitted for local and national electoral districts, including 6,992 candidates, according to provisional preliminary data at the end of the candidacy submission process.
A statement by the Interior Minister said on Saturday that 1,385 lists were submitted for local districts, including 4742 candidates, which is an average of 15 lists per district.
The same source said that the number of lists submitted at the level of each local district varies between 9-25 lists, and that two lists with no political affiliation were submitted.
The statement added that the number of submitted candidacies remains provisional until the representatives, who submitted their candidacy lists during the last moment of the set deadline, get the final receipt in conformity with the legal provisions in force.
The interior minister recalled that the deadline set for the submission of candidacies for the election of members of the house of representatives is slated on Oct. 7, 2016. He also noted that the election campaign was kicked off this Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016 and will run until Thursday, Oct. 6 at midnight.
The list of candidacies submitted with the approval of political formations for local electoral districts at the national level are:
– The Istiqlal party (PI), the Authenticity and Modernity party (PAM) and the Justice and Development party (PJD) submitted 92 lists each, that is 100% of districts.
– The Socialist Union of Popular Forces (USFP) submitted 91 lists, that is 98.9% of districts.
– The Progress and Socialism party (PPS) and the Alliance of parties of the federation of the democratic left wing submitted 90 lists each, that 97.8% of districts.
– The National Rally of Independents (RNI) presented 84 lists (91.3%), the Popular Movement (MP) 78 lists (84.8%) and the Constitutional Union (UC) 72 lists (78.3%).
– The Front of Democratic Forces (FFD) submitted 69 lists, that 75% of districts.
– The Democratic and Social Movement (MDS) presented 66 lists that is 71.7%.
– The Al Ahd and Renewal Alliance submitted 49 lists, that is 53.3% of districts.
– The Party of neo-Democrats submitted 42 lists, that 45.7 of districts. – The Party of Reform and Development presented 41 lists, that is 44.6% of districts.
– The Party of Environment and Sustainable Development, and the Party of Renaissance and virtue: 40 lists each, that is 43.5% of districts.
– The Party of Shura and Istiqlal, and the Moroccan Green Left Party: 32 lists each, that is 34.8% of districts.
– The Al Amal Party submitted 29 lists, that 31.5% of districts.
– The Party of Social Center: 28 lists, that 30.4% of districts.
– The National Democrat Party and the Party of Unity and Democracy: 24 lists each, that is 26.1% of districts.
– The Party of freedom and social justice: 22 lists, that is 23.9% of districts.
– The Party of Democratic Society: 19 lists, that is 20.7% of districts.
– The Renaissance Party: 17 lists, that is 18.5% of districts.
– The Action Party: 16 lists, that is 17.4% of districts.
– The Party of the Moroccan Union for Democracy: 12 lists, that is 13% of districts.
– Candidates with no political affiliation: two lists, that is 2.2% of districts.