Marrakech - The 16th annual Marrakech International Film Festival, to be held under the patronage of King Mohammed VI on December 2-10, kicked off Friday evening at Marrakech convention center.
Marrakech – The 16th annual Marrakech International Film Festival, to be held under the patronage of King Mohammed VI on December 2-10, kicked off Friday evening at Marrakech convention center.
This year’s edition is bringing together major national and international figures from the world of cinema, culture, art and media, as well as film enthusiasts.
Fourteen feature films are included as part of the official competition of the Marrakesh international film festival.
Below is a list of the 14 films included in the festival’s official competition:
1. The Story of a Mother, Sandrine Veysset (France)
2. The Donor, Zang Qiwu (Chine)
3. The Blind Christ, Christopher Murray (France, Chili)
4. Zoology, Ivan I. Tverdovsky (Russia, France, Germany)
5. Shepherds and Butchers, Olivier Schmitz (South Africa, United States, Germany)
6. The Road to Mandalay, Midi Z (Taïwan, France, Burma, Germany)
7. Parting, Navid Mahmoudi (Iran, Afghanistan)
8. Mister Universo, Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel (Austria, Italy)
9. Knife in the clear water, Wang Xuebo (China)
10. Kings of the Belgians, Peter Brosens et Jessica Woodworth (Belgium, Netherlands, Bulgaria)
11. Hearstone, Gudmundur Aranar Gudmundsson (Denmark, Iceland)
12. The Fixer, Adrian Sitaru (Romania)
13. The Fits, Anna Rose Holmer (United States)
14. All of a Sudden, Asli Ozge (Germany, France, Netherlands)
The Jury of the 16th annual Marrakech Film Festival is chaired by Hungarian filmmaker Béla Tarr and includes mainly Jasmine Trinca (actress-Italy), Fatima Harrandi “Raouia” (actress-Morocco) and Jason Clarke (actor-Australia).