Rabat - Morocco’s General Directorate of National Security (DGSN) is mobilizing security officers to ensure high security during the celebration of the 2017 New Year’s Eve celebration.
Rabat – Morocco’s General Directorate of National Security (DGSN) is mobilizing security officers to ensure high security during the celebration of the 2017 New Year’s Eve celebration.
During a broadcast on Sunday evening’s bulletin, Moroccan channel Al Aoula reported on preparations underway by Morocco’s security forces in different cities, including Rabat, Marrakech, Casablanca and Agadir, leading up to 2017 New Year’s Eve festivities.
To guarantee the security of citizens and visitors, the DGSN’s security units have steeped their efforts and tightened the surveillance at borders and in tourist sites by deploying force units and supplying them with professional logistic equipment.
Marrakech’s Commander of State Security Police, and police lieutenant Abdellah Nouhi said, “[A number of] of mobile [force] units, rescue teams, and anti-riot squads have been recruited and spread across Marrakech.”
As a tourist city, Agadir’s authorities have also mobilized for the 2017’s festivities by fostering security in many hotels and tourist landmarks across the city. They have also reinforced the legitimate procedures across the city’s outskirts in order to secure the safety of its populations and visitors.
President of the Supreme Command of Agadir’s Security, Mohammed Al-Jaeibi, said, “Many security procedures have been taken into account. We have also staged several checkpoints across the city’s enclaves.”
Morocco World News reported last week that DGSN will be arraying 50,000 officers to tighten Morocco’s security vigilance during Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.