Home Morocco 3.09 Million Workers in Morocco Do Not Have Employment Contracts

3.09 Million Workers in Morocco Do Not Have Employment Contracts

3.09 Million Workers in Morocco Do Not Have Employment Contracts

CasablancaMorocco’s High Planning Commission has revealed that 3.09 million workers in Morocco do not have an employment contract regulating the relationships with their employers.

The findings of Morocco’s High Planning Commission show that, out of 10.28 million working individuals in Morocco, 3.09 million do not have any employment contract with their employers.

Findings regarding the quality of work in 2016 also indicate that 716,000 construction workers do not have a contract. This represents 89.7 percent of the total number of construction workers in Morocco.

As far as union membership is concerned, among the 10.28 million active workers in Morocco, only 3.4 percent are enrolled in unions or professional organizations. The remaining 96.6 percent do not have any connection with them.

The High Planning Commission also pointed out that as little as 6 percent of workers in the cities are enrolled in unions or professional organizations. Only 1 percent of workers in rural areas can boast union memberships.

78.4 percent of active workers in Morocco, or 8.34 million workers,  do not have any health coverage at all. 3.50 million of these live in urban areas and 4.83 million reside in rural areas.

SHARE
Previous articleVenezuelan National Arrested in Marrakech Airport Over Drug Trafficking
Next articleBacklash Against Donald Trump Takes a Toll on Ivanka Brand