Rabat - The Ministry of Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research has recorded 729 fraud cases on the first day of the 2017 national Baccalaureate examination, running from June 6 to 8.
Rabat – The Ministry of Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research has recorded 729 fraud cases on the first day of the 2017 national Baccalaureate examination, running from June 6 to 8.
In November 2016, the ministry issued Law 02.13 in the Official Gazette, intended to prevent fraud cases during exams.
Despite the initiatives against fraud announced by the ministry ahead of Baccalaureate exams, cheaters have found a way to break the law.
The number represents a 62 percent decrease of fraud cases since last year, when 1,898 fraud cases were recorded on the first day of the national exams.
This year, several exams papers were leaked few minutes after the start of the examination. The ministry discovered that a group of students have leaked at least two paper exams and posted them on social networks.
The department said that a number of students, who have leaked the exam papers on social networks, were arrested and will soon appear before the court.
The ministry has also affirmed that it will take strict measures during the three-day examination period to ensure fairness during the exam.
325,191 students This year’s national exams are sitting for the 2017 baccalaureate examination scheduled for June 6, 7 and 8, with retakes taking place on July 11, 12 and 13.
Male students represent 51 percent of those taking the exam, while females representing the remaining 49 percent.
The number of public school students set to take the national exam is 295,145. This represents 91 percent of all baccalaureate students.
The remaining nine percent (30,446 students) of exam-takers come from private schools.