Rabat – Moroccan technology has once again made its mark across international platforms, scoring eight awards during the INPEX International Exhibition of Inventions, held in Pittsburgh from June 13 to 15.
Morocco won four INPEX Medals of Merit, two INPEX Gold Medals and two other awards during the 32 Annual INPEX Exhibition.
Despite the presence of 18 countries renowned for their technological competence including Canada, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and England, Morocco was the only African and Arab country to take part and win prizes in the event.
All the inventions praised and awarded at the exhibition were designed by Moroccan professors and students who study and teach at national public institutions.
The Moroccan recipients and their inventions are listed below:
INPEX Awards of Merit
- Multi-view Screen by Majid El Bouazzaoui.
- “Standalone Honey Extraction System” by Professor Malika Zazi, Youssef Barradi, Abderrahim Abarhich from the Higher National School of Technical Education (ENSET).
- “Cancer Smart Antenna” by Professor Ammor Hassan, KARLI Radouane from Mohammedia School of Engineers (EMI).
- “Stethocorder” by El Hamdouchi Haajar, El Azami El Hassani Mohammed Amine and Professor Benjelloun Halima from the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy of Rabat, part of the Mohamed V University of Rabat.
INPEX Gold Medal
In the Telecommunications category and a Euro-invent medal from the Inventors Forum of Romania.
- “3G, 4G, 5G reconfigurable antenna of mobile communication and IoT applications” by Doctor Younes Karfa Bekali and Professor Mohamed Essaaidi from the National School of Computer Science and Systems Applications (ENSIAS).
An INPEX Gold Medal
In the Alternative Energies category and a medal from the Romania Center for Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Galati.
- “Solardo” by Doctor Laila Sedki and Professor Mohammed Maaroufi from the Mohammadia School of Engineers (EMI).