The detained beneficiaries of the pardon are 564:
– 11 inmates benefited from the pardon over their remaining prison sentences.
– 547 prisoners had their prison terms reduced.
– 6 inmates’ life sentences commuted to limited prison terms.
The free beneficiaries of the pardon are 119:
– 23 persons benefited from pardon over their imprisonment term.
– 7 people benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
– 4 people benefited from pardon over their prison terms and fines.
– 85 people had their fines annulled.
Pardon is granted to a number of prisoners by the Sovereign on the occasion of religious and major national celebrations.