Rabat – If you will apply for a job in most companies in our country, NGO and especially government sectors you will definitely face the requirement to provide eCitizen good conduct certificate.
Also, we must note that this type of the document will be necessary for company directors if their companies will place tenders for the supply of services or commodities in Kenya.
The main aim of this document is to verify that a person is clean in terms of the Criminal Investigation Department. So, if you are interested in the procedure of applying and obtaining of Certificate of good conduct in Kenya you have come to the right place because we are going to provide you with useful information about the application.
How to apply for Certificate of good conduct
Applying for eCitizen good conduct in Kenya can be much easier
Main requirements for eCitizen good conduct certificate application:
- A person who applies for such type of document must be older than 18 years old.
- Original of the document as well as a clear copy of the second generation national identification card is a must.
- Each applicant must have an eCitizen account. In the case, you do not have one, please do not despair, you can create it for free.
Please note that citizens of Nairobi must undergo the procedure of application for eCitizen good conduct certificate online. The same online portal works for those who need a renewal of the document.
The application process for eCitizen good conduct certificate
- The first thing you need to do is to log in (use your username and password) to your eCitizen account on ecitizen.go.ke (if you haven’t one already, you should create it).
- After successful login you will be directed to the eCitizen dashboard where you need to click ‘Get Service Now’ (you will find this option above the category ‘Directorate of Criminal Investigations’).
- Now you need to follow the guidelines for successful application.
- After you have completed all the steps of application you need to pay 1,050 Kenyan shillings for the eCitizen good conduct certificate.
- Now download the payment confirmation and print two copies of it and a copy of the C24 (print it on both sides of A4).
- At this point, the online part of the application is over, you should take the payment confirmation, C24, and originals of the identification document (birth certificate for minors) to the Criminal Investigation Department headquarters which is located at Kiambu road, past Muthaiga Golf Club.
- At CID headquarters, you also will be asked to through the fingerprint processing. By the way, you have an opportunity to set a specific convenient for you date for going through fingerprint processing.
Now you know all steps for eCitizen good conduct certificate applying, so we hope that our post was useful for you. We work to make your life easier