Rabat - Who will succeed Abderrafie Zouiten as head of the Moroccan National Tourist Office (ONMT)? That’s a question that will soon be answered, according to the Moroccan Minister Delegate in Charge of Tourism, Lamia Boutaleb.
Rabat – Who will succeed Abderrafie Zouiten as head of the Moroccan National Tourist Office (ONMT)? That’s a question that will soon be answered, according to the Moroccan Minister Delegate in Charge of Tourism, Lamia Boutaleb.
Among the favored candidates is Jamal Kilito, Marketing Director of the Office. The council of government will ultimately make the final appointment, however, of the new director of ONMT. In total, more than twenty people responded to the call for applications announced by the Ministry of Tourism.
At the moment, ONMT is still is still headed by an interim worker whose legal mandate of 6 months ended on May 30th.
“The call for applications has been successful and we are going to announce the name of the new Director General of the ONMT shortly. It is not impossible that it will be made public at the end of the Council of the Government of tomorrow (Thursday, June 7) but if this is not the case, the announcement is imminent,” said Boutaleb to Media24.
In 2017, the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism abruptly announced the departure of Abderrafie Zouiten, who until November 30 had been the director of ONMT.
“The Tourism Department appointed Rachid Hamzaoui, Finance and Administrative Director at ONMT on November 30, 2017, to act as interim Director General of the ONMT since the post of Director General of the Office had become vacant since the retirement of Abderrafie Zouiten,” said the Ministry in a statement.
After being stripped of his signing authority one month ago, his departure has been controversial and handled without preparation or anticipation.
According to Média24, the content of the 2017-2021 roadmap is still a mystery.
The secretary of state says that the ministry prepares tourism bases to communicate to the profession and the media. Boutaleb has assured that ti is set to be public on September.
“We are going to fix a date with the private sector operators who have been involved in its design and have given us their priority recommendations to revive the tourism activity.The official announcement of the content of our strategy for the coming years will be within the framework of a great event titled, the foundations of tourism, that will take place after the summer season,” explained Boutaleb to Media24.