The conscript allegedly did not inform military recruiters of his chronic disease.
Rabat – A conscript serving in the military service died on August 30 at the military hospital of Moulay Ismail, Meknes.
A military source told Maghreb Arab Press (MAP) that the deceased suffered from diabetes.
According to his mother, the conscript had been suffering from diabetes for six years. His condition required insulin injections, but he voluntarily stopped treatment in order to volunteer for military service, added the mother.
When asked about his medical history, the conscript denied having any medical issues and told the medical committee that he did not take any medication.
According to MAP, the military provided adequate support for the family of the deceased, as is the protocol in such cases.
Meknes is one of the 14 training centers dedicated to new conscripts after the selection process. The military selection process started on August 19 and is supposed to end today, August 31.
The final selected conscripts are expected to start their one-year military training tomorrow, September 1.