The Palestinian official is taking part in the MEDays symposium in Tangier from November 13-16.
Rabat – Palestinian Foreign Affairs Minister Riyad El Malki has taken the opportunity to condemn the Israeli violations against Palestinians in Gaza whilst participating at the MEDays symposium in Tangier.
On Wednesday, November 13, the official said that the Palestinian people in Gaza have witnessed “assassinations since Tuesday, amounting to 23 deaths.”
He emphasized that Israeli troops killed women and children during the attacks, while others destroyed dozens of houses.
“These crimes unequivocally confirm that the Palestinian people need international protection from the brutality and crimes of the Israeli occupation,” he added.
El Malki called on the international community to “condemn” the Israeli crimes.
“The silence of the international community [for Israeli crimes] makes it bear indirect responsibility for the consequences.”
So far, Israeli attacks have killed 36 Palestinians, including children and a woman.
Israeli violations against Palestinians in the ongoing Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip have also injured 70 more Palestinians, including 30 children and 13 women.
Several countries condemned the attacks, including Turkey.
On November 13, Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement “strongly” condemning the attacks.
“The Israeli Government should end its aggressive attitude and occupation,” the statement said. Turkey also asked the international community to stop closing “its eyes to this tragedy in Palestine,” calling on countries to act “quickly against Israeli occupation policy and aggression.”