Rico Verhoeven already asked for a rematch with Badr Hari. “We will meet again,” he said after the fight.
Rabat – Morocco’s heavyweight kickboxing champion Badr Hari expressed his pride at how much support he received from his fans across the world after his injury in the glory rematch with Rico Verhoeven on December 21.
On his Instagram, the champion said he thanks “all of my army for this incredible fight night.”
“You were amazing and I can’t describe what I felt entering the ring in this crazy atmosphere. It was unique and I’m so proud to have your support behind me,” Hari told his fans.
Hari was in tears after he had to abandon the fight against Dutch Rico Verhoeven when he sustained an ankle injury in the third round.
Hari had been preparing for the fight for three years, vowing to beat Rico in a rematch after he lost his first fight against the Dutch champion due to an injury in 2016.
“You can imagine how it is difficult for me to accept this outcome,” the Moroccan heavyweight said.
Hari, however, expressed satisfaction with his performance during Saturday’s glory match.
“I have shown the world that I’m still the most dominant fighter of the heavyweight division.” He vowed that he is still “fully convinced that I will conquer this belt.”
Hari concluded his message, thanking Rico for “his exemplary sportsmanship after my injury. I will be back. Be prepared.”
Following the fight, Rico wrote a supportive message to Hari, thanking him for the “amazing fight.”
“I never got this close to losing a fight like this. Getting knocked down twice. OMG. so disappointed in myself and at the same time taking my hat off to @badrhariofficial for giving me and the fans what we’ve been waiting for.”
He also invited Hari to a rematch.
“I hope you get well soon. We’ll meet again,” Rico said.
View this post on Instagram
I want to thank all my army for this incredible fight night. You were amazing and I can’t describe what I felt entering the ring in this crazy atmosphere. It was unique and I’m so proud to have your support behind me. You can imagine how it is difficult for me to accept this outcome. I have shown the world that I’m still the most dominant fighter of the heavyweight division. I’m also fully convinced that I will conquer this belt. I would also like to thank @ricoverhoeven for his exemplary sportsmanship after my injury. I will be back. Be prepared. #BadrArmy