Morocco World News
Morocco World News
Marakkesh, August 1, 2013
The Spanish child molester who was sentenced to 30 years in prison have been generously set free and allowed to leave the country in total impunity and disregard of the feeling of the victims’ families, and of the Moroccan people.
Activists from the 20 February movement called for a protest in Rabat this Friday. People expressed their anger towards this issue by mobilizing on social media and creating groups or pages denouncing the royal pardon given to the Spanish rapist. A number of Facebook pages were created to denounce such a decision.
The Facebook page “Sit in to cancel the pardon granted the amnesty granted to Spanish molester Daniel, the People want the independence of justice ,” has already attracted 10, 500. Mustpha, El Kahlfi, Moroccan Minister of communication and government spokesperson, said earlier on Thursday that the Spanish rapist had been deported to Spain.
After being subjected to an avalanche of questions from journalists, he said that “he has no information about the amnesty granted to the Spanish citizen.” After reading the Minister’s answer, one should wonder when he was when the Moroccan justice system sentenced the Spaniards to 30 years of jail.
One could hardly imagine that the Minister was not aware of that. To Moroccans’ demise, impunity has prevailed over them this time. But what makes matters worse is that the person, who has enjoyed the favor of being freed from prison after committing heinous crimes, is a foreigner, a foreigner who wreck havoc on 11 of their compatriots and sullied their honor and pride.
Like any other Moroccan, I feel raped like the 11 innocent kids who were the victims of an animal, who was treated with total humanity by our decision-makers. One should ask how Spanish society would have reacted if Spanish authorities decided to free a Moroccan accused of terrorism or drug trafficking. But would Madrid in the first place make such a step? Most Moroccans doubt it.
What makes matters worse is that, according to the Spanish daily El Pais, the child molester did not suffer from any health issue, nor was he subjected to any extradition process. More still, he was even surprised to see his name on the list of prisoners who benefited from the royal pardon, his lawyer, Mohamed Benjedou, was quoted as saying by El Pais.
Daniel Galvan has now left the Moroccan territory and is back to Spain. He is, thus, free to go back to commit the same misdeeds he committed against Moroccans. Who knows, maybe this time around, he will turn to the children of Moroccan immigrants living in Spain, since he has a particular preference for Moroccans whose decision-makers have shown how generous they can be towards those who rape their children.
This is a dangerous precedent that will push sexual perverts from all over the world to come to our country, because they will know ahead of time that no matter how atrocious the crimes they might commit against our compatriots, they will benefit from the generosity of our decision-makers. We should brace for what comes next and be ready to see a mob of child molesters roaming our streets.
Let’s be honest with ourselves and call things by their names: sexual tourism is thriving in Morocco not only because of poverty or lack of sexual education, but because of the failure our justice system that allows sexual perverts to get away with their crimes.
The views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect Morocco World News’ editorial policy
© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed