Home Highlights on Morocco Morocco: 3 Dead, 4 Critically Injured in Fire Caused by Cellphone Charger

Morocco: 3 Dead, 4 Critically Injured in Fire Caused by Cellphone Charger

Rabat – Three people were killed and four others suffering from smoke inhalation injuries after a fire broke out Saturday morning in an apartment building in Azilal, near Marrakech.

The local authorities, police and firefighters arrived, extinguishing the fire and referring those injured to Azilal hospital for treatment. In critical condition, they were transferred to Marrakech’s University Hospital by helicopter and ambulances.

According to the local authorities, a preliminary investigation suggests the fire broke out due to an inappropriately plugged cellphone charger in apartment.

A further investigation this incident has been opened under the supervision of the Public Prosecution.

SHARE
Previous articleUNSC Resolution on Western Sahara Sets New Course, Positive for Morocco
Next articleMorocco: Strong Thunderstorms Expected on Saturday