Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » Russia Accuses US of Inventing Iran Threat to Overthrow its Government

Russia Accuses US of Inventing Iran Threat to Overthrow its Government

Analysts have questioned Washington’s motives, as the attacks were launched during sensitive nuclear negotiations.

Sara ZouitenbySara Zouiten
Mar, 04, 2026
0 0
A A
russia us iran

One of the targets of the strikes on Tehran on March 4, 2026, was a police station [Majid Asgaripour/WANA/Reuters]

Rabat – Russia has sharply criticized the United States over its ongoing attacks against Iran, accusing Washington of inventing a threat as a pretext to overthrow the Iranian government.

At a press briefing in Moscow, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the US used nuclear negotiations with Iran as a cover for a broader plan to push for regime change. She claimed that recent attacks on Iran’s nuclear facilities show that Washington’s real goal is not diplomacy but destabilization.

Russia is convinced there is no military solution to this crisis, Zakharova said, adding that they are ready to support efforts based on international law.

The accusations come as the war between the US, Israel, and Iran continues to expand across the region. Iranian officials say more than 800 people have been killed in recent strikes. 

A United Nations panel of experts said it was “deeply disturbed” by reports that at least 165 girls and staff were killed in what was reportedly US-Israeli attack on a school in the southern city of Minab. The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child stressed that children must be protected during war.

Criticism of the US campaign has also come from Western leaders. Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said the strikes appear inconsistent with international law. Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez warned that a war with Iran could lead to a wider global disaster, comparing the situation to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Read also: Iran-US-Israel War: Trump Accuses British PM of Not Being Helpful

Analysts have questioned Washington’s motives. Some argue the attacks were launched during sensitive nuclear negotiations. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused US President Donald Trump of “betraying diplomacy” by bombing in the middle of talks.

The fighting has spread beyond Iran’s borders. A drone struck the headquarters of an Iranian Kurdish opposition group in the town of Dekala in northern Iraq, wounding two fighters. Iran has long accused Kurdish groups in Iraq of launching attacks against it and has previously targeted their bases.

Meanwhile across the Gulf, countries including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates say they have intercepted Iranian drones and missiles. Meanwhile, Israeli forces have expanded their aggression in Lebanon, displacing more than 65,000 people, according to Lebanese officials.

Global markets have reacted to the war, and oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz face disruption.

Tags: Russia and IranUS and Iran
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

August 17, 2026
Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

August 17, 2026
Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

August 17, 2026
Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

August 17, 2026
Operation Marhaba 2026 has carried more than 2.1 million passengers through Andalusia during its first two months,

Operation Marhaba Sees 2.17 Million Passengers Cross to Morocco

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?