Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Economy » France Law Threatens Up to 50,000 Call Center Jobs in Morocco

France Law Threatens Up to 50,000 Call Center Jobs in Morocco

The legislation, set to be implemented in the summer, seeks to ban unwanted marketing calls.

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Mar, 15, 2026
0 0
A A
Telemarketing: France’s New Law Could Put Up to 50,000 Moroccan Jobs at Risk

Empty offices

Rabat — A new French Legislation is putting up to 50,000 call center jobs at risk in Morocco, according to the government.

Minister of Employment Younes Sekkouri acknowledged the challenges posed by the French legislation, which restricts telephone solicitation.

Sekkouri made his remarks in response to a question by Moroccan parliamentarian Fatima Zahta Batta.

He warned of repercussions in employment, recalling the importance of the call center sector on Morocco’s economy.

The sector generated investments of around MAD 1.3 billion in 2023, reflecting the strong appeal the sector has to foreign investors.

It also generates between MAD 10 and 12 billion of added value annually, which significantly contributes to Morocco’s GDP. 

The sector also creates at least 120,000 direct jobs, along with 50,000 indirect jobs in related sectors like transport and logistics.

However, France is suggesting a new law that could put this progress at risk. The law bans unwanted marketing calls, and is set to take effect in the summer of 2026.

The legislation sparked concerns among Moroccan call centers, as it will require companies to get clear permission from consumers before making any sales calls. Companies that break the rules could face heavy fines and even prison sentences.

In Morocco, many call centers work for French clients – a situation that could affect nearly 80% of the sector’s activity.

The challenge could notably affect small and medium-sized enterprises, which account for 60% of the sector, Moroccan news website Le360 reported.

The report quoted the government’s pledge to launch a strategy to safeguard the sector’s competitiveness and limit job loss.

The strategy will include measures to diversify markets, and companies should expand activities beyond France.

The same source said the cabinet is also set to promote services and activities related to technical support, digital logistics, market research, and customer relationship management.

Part of the measures also includes strengthening training programs in offshore professions and emerging sectors.

Reports in France said the law came after years of public complaints, with 97% of French people saying they were annoyed by random marketing calls, many of which were linked to scams or misleading offers.

Previous measures, like creating a “do not call” list in 2016 or limiting call hours, failed to solve the problem. 

The French Ministry of Economy stated last year that “starting from August 11, 2026, all unsolicited marketing calls will be prohibited, regardless of the sector. This means that you will no longer receive marketing calls unless you have explicitly given your consent, or if the call concerns an ongoing contract.”

Tags: call centers in morocco
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

August 20, 2026
FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

August 20, 2026
Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

August 20, 2026
Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

August 20, 2026
Rabat is poised to secure increased European funding for border control and migration management in the wake of the Ceuta crisis.

EU to Boost Morocco Migration Funding After Ceuta Crisis, but Rabat Is No Gendarme

August 20, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?