Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco says it is ready to receive Moroccan minors and the bodies of migrants from Ceuta, but wants full identification records and a clear procedure agreed with Spain.

Oumaima Moho AmerbyOumaima Moho Amer
Aug, 22, 2026
0 0
A A
Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Casablanca – Morocco is ready to take back Moroccan minors from Ceuta and receive the bodies of Moroccan migrants who died during the recent crisis, Justice Minister Abdellatif Ouahbi said Saturday.

Speaking to Al Arabiya and Al Hadath, Ouahbi said Morocco had not arbitrarily refused to receive the bodies of migrants who died during the mass movement toward the Spanish enclave. He said Spanish authorities had not provided enough medical files and other information to establish the identities of those who died.

“Morocco cannot receive bodies without knowing who they belong to,” he said, adding that Rabat had asked Spain for files concerning the deaths. The information available so far does not establish whether all of the deceased were Moroccan or whether some came from other countries.

Ouahbi said Morocco “does not separate the dead from the living”. He said Rabat is prepared to receive Moroccan minors and could send buses to Ceuta to bring them back to Morocco. He questioned why the two issues were being handled separately.

The minister said Morocco and Spain had not yet reached an understanding on the matter. He called for clear rules covering the transfer of minors and the return of bodies, including verified identities and complete case files.

Morocco also wants a broader agreement with Spain and the European Union on migration. Ouahbi said a purely security-based approach to stopping migration was not a sustainable solution. He argued that Morocco cannot be expected to stop migration attempts alone while Spain continues to accept migrants, calling for a joint and clearly defined migration policy.

He also criticized delays in implementing a European decision concerning the return of minors, while stressing that Morocco does not oppose receiving them. The issue, he said, is agreeing on the procedures and documentation because not all minors in Spain are from Morocco.

Ouahbi said social media campaigns had encouraged young people and minors to attempt the journey to Europe, including through calls to travel toward Ceuta.

He said Moroccan authorities had managed the mass movement with “calmness and restraint,” noting that he was in northern Morocco during the events and saw large numbers of young people and teenagers heading toward the city.

He said some young people told authorities they believed they were moving within their own country, with some considering Ceuta Moroccan. A confrontation, he said, could have resulted in many young Moroccan victims.

Tags: Abdellatif OuahbiCeuta migrantsMorocco spain immigrants
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco internationals Nahila Benzina and Hanan Ait El Haj have been named in the CAF Technical Study Group’s Best XI for the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).

Moroccan Duo Named in CAF’s Best XI for WAFCON 2026

August 22, 2026
Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s women’s beach volleyball team has reached the semifinals of the African Beach Volleyball Championship in Alexandria after defeating Algeria 2-1 on Friday.

Morocco Women Reach Beach Volleyball Semifinals, Secure 2027 World Cup Spot

August 22, 2026
Military personnel on the streets of Ceuta, August 20, 2026, in Ceuta, Spain. Marcos Moreno / Europa Press

Spain Sends Over 150 Canary Islands Troops to Reinforce Ceuta

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?