Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » International » Thailand School Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, Police Investigate 14-Year-Old Suspect

Thailand School Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, Police Investigate 14-Year-Old Suspect

A deadly shooting at a school has renewed concerns over gun violence in Thailand, after a teenage suspect used his grandfather’s firearm to attack teachers, staff, and students.

Hanane AfeznaouibyHanane Afeznaoui
Aug, 09, 2026
0 0
A A
Thailand School Shooting Leaves Nine Dead, Police Investigate 14-Year-Old Suspect

Thailand School Shooting

Agadir – A 14-year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his grandparents before opening fire at a school northwest of Bangkok on Friday, killing several teachers and staff members and wounding more than 20 people.

The shooting took place at Debsirin Nonthaburi School in Nonthaburi Province. Police said the teenager used a firearm belonging to his grandfather, firing at least 26 rounds before killing himself. Authorities later found 34 additional rounds.

The victims at the school were teachers and staff, according to police. Students were evacuated from the school as emergency teams transported the wounded to hospitals. Images from the scene showed students fleeing the school, some without shoes, while teachers hugged one another and cried.

An 18-year-old student told Reuters that he initially mistook the sound of gunfire for firecrackers or someone striking an object.

“I didn’t think it was a gun at first,” he said. “There were many shots: bang, bang, bang. Then it went quiet. Then it started again.”

Police initially reported that eight people had been killed, including the suspected shooter. The death toll later rose to nine after a 12-year-old girl who had been critically wounded in the attack died in hospital on Saturday.

At least 23 people were wounded in the shooting, with 14 still hospitalized as of Saturday evening, including seven in critical condition, according to police.

Authorities have launched an investigation into the teenager’s background and possible motive. Police said the boy had lived with his grandparents for 12 years after his parents separated.

Police said the teenager had shown an interest in firearms for around one to two years. An air gun had reportedly been confiscated from him by a teacher last year.

Investigators also found a knife in the boy’s school bag, as well as a firearm, spent cartridge cases and a personal computer among the evidence collected from the crime scenes. Police said the teenager had watched violent content online and used social media to learn how to use firearms.

Tags: Thailand School Shooting
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?