Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Redaoune Benkiran Says he Obtained College Scholarship Before His Father Became PM

Redaoune Benkiran Says he Obtained College Scholarship Before His Father Became PM

aziz-alliloubyaziz-allilou
Mar, 08, 2016
0 0
A A
Redaoune Benkiran Says he Obtained College Scholarship Before His Father Became PM

Redaoune Benkiran Says he Obtained College Scholarship Before His Father Became PM

Rabat – Amid ongoing uproar among students and teacher trainees, Redouane Benkirane has denied rumors accusing his father Abdelilah Benkirane of having used his position to help him secure a monthly MAD 5,000 Scholarship.

Redouane Benkirane’s statement comes in response to the accusation made by a teacher trainee last Saturday during an official event of Justice and Development Party (PJD) in Oujda, co-chaired by Abdelilah Benkirane.

The teacher trainee interrupted the speech of the head of government and accused him of “having used his position to help his son Redoaune Benkirane benefit from monthly MAD 5,000 Scholarship.”

Telquel quoted Redoune Benkirane, who pursued his graduate studies in France, as saying that he obtained the scholarship before his father took office in 2011.

“First of all, my father did not send me to study in France, as if I was still a little 7-year-old child. I was 20 years old and it’s me who decided to go to France,” he said.

“My parents insisted that I study in ISCAE  – a public school of business and administration  -. However, I refused and decided to pursue my higher studies in France,” he noted.

He went on to add that his father was “unable to cover all the expenses” since school fees alone cost him over MAD 100,000 per year.

“I was forced to look for other financial resources.  Thus, I decided to borrow some money from a relative and apply for the Merit Scholarship granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation,” he explained.

Redouane stressed that he won the scholarship without any help from his father, adding that he only benefited from this scholarship during his first year in France before his father took office in 2011.

He noted that he is currently working in Morocco, since students who benefited from the merit scholarship are required to work at least three years in Morocco after their graduation.

Since October, Head of Government Abdelilah BRnkirane has been receiving harsh criticism from teacher trainees over the two decrees promulgated by his government last year. The two decrees, N: 588-15-2 and N: 589-15-2, separate teachers’ training from actual employment at the end of the program and cut the amount of the training scholarship by half.

The teacher trainees who accused Benkirane of favoritism last Saturday in Oujda, said it “is disgrace a shame that the head of government wants to cut the teacher trainees’ scholarship by half, while his son has benefited from a scholarship thanks to his position as head of government.”

TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Amina Dehhaoui Wins Morocco’s First Medal at Taranto 2026

2026 Mediterranean Games: Amina Dehhaoui Wins Morocco’s First Medal

August 22, 2026
Morocco has retained its African beach volleyball title after Zouheir Elgraoui and Soufiane El Gharouti defeated Algeria’s Kallouche/Dekkiche A 2-0 in the final of the 2026 African Beach Volleyball Championship in Alexandria.

Morocco Retains African Beach Volleyball Title and Secures LA 2028 Olympic Spot

August 22, 2026
Morocco internationals Nahila Benzina and Hanan Ait El Haj have been named in the CAF Technical Study Group’s Best XI for the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).

Moroccan Duo Named in CAF’s Best XI for WAFCON 2026

August 22, 2026
Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?