Brussels - Salah Abdeslam, a key suspect in the Paris terror attacks, has been handed over to French authorities, Belgian prosecutors said on Wednesday.
Brussels – Salah Abdeslam, a key suspect in the Paris terror attacks, has been handed over to French authorities, Belgian prosecutors said on Wednesday.
Abdeslam, who arrested in Belgium last month after four months on the run, is wanted by France for his role in the attacks targeting the capital on November 13 last year in which 130 people were killed.
According to a statement from the Belgium Federal Prosecutor’s Office, Abdeslam was delivered to French authorities on Wednesday morning under a March 19 European arrest warrant.
The Paris prosecutor’s office said Abdeslam will face investigative judges later on Wednesday for eventual charges.
The 26-year-old Belgian born French national is the only surviving member of the November killings in Paris that left 130 people dead.
He was shot in the leg before being arrested in a police raid in the Molenbeek area of Brussels on March 18 after a four-month international manhunt.