Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Algeria Refuses Intelligence Coordination with Morocco: Official

Algeria Refuses Intelligence Coordination with Morocco: Official

youssef-igrouanebyyoussef-igrouane
Feb, 05, 2017
0 0
A A
Rabat to Host 2nd Spanish-Moroccan Security and Counterterrorism Forum

Rabat to Host 2nd Spanish-Moroccan Security and Counterterrorism Forum

Rabat – “Algeria refuses intelligence coordination with Morocco,” stated Head of the Central Bureau of Judicial Investigations (BCIJ), AbdelHak El Khiyame.

In an interview with AlYaoum 24, El Khiyame said that “Morocco’s hand is always outstretched for intelligence cooperation, but Algeria did not want to collaborate in the intelligence coordination.” He went on to add that Morocco has initiated discussions with Algeria regarding more cooperation between the two countries on numerous occasions, but Algeria has refused each time.

When questioned about the benefit to Morocco of providing other countries with intelligence assistance, El Khiyame commented that “Morocco has nothing to lose helping other countries to avoid potential terrorist attacks which can lead to the killing of innocents.”

“The terrorist danger is threatening the whole world, and all must lend a helping hand to fight it. We cooperate with any country, including the countries that consider Morocco as their enemy,” El Khiyame added.

He continued, highlighting countries Morocco has assisted in this manner, saying that “Morocco has provided important intelligence information to the United States of America, France, Italy, Denmark, Spain and a group of Arab and African countries.”

Regarding the members of cells who were planning to join the Islamic State (IS), El Khiyame said that “since the establishment of the BCIJ, 27 people were arrested for planning to join IS in Syria and Libya.”

Earlier this month, following the dismantlement of a terrorist IS cell in possession of weapons in the city of El Jadida, El Khiyame said that the uncovered weapons “entered Morocco via Algeria, but that their delivery was coordinated from an IS branch in Libya.”

El Khiyame announced in December 2016, that his agency had managed to thwart 341 terrorist attacks over the past 14 years. He noted that since 2002, the BCIJ had dismantled 167 cells, including 46 belonging to ISIS. 2,963 suspected terrorists, 277 of whom already had criminal records, had been arrested and referred to the judiciary courts.

Tags: Abdelhak El KhiyameFighting Terrorismmorocco algeria relationsMorocco and Algeria tensionMorocco and terrorism fightterrorismterrorism in MoroccoThe terrorist danger
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

The July meeting in Lisbon brought together Portugal’s Minister of Environment and Energy, Maria da Graça Carvalho, and Morocco’s Minister of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development, Leila Benali.

Portugal Ties Morocco Power Link to European or Private Financing

August 18, 2026
Report Says Ceuta Sees 191.1% Surge in Irregular Migrant Arrivals

Report Says Ceuta Sees 191.1% Surge in Irregular Migrant Arrivals

August 18, 2026
No, Ceuta and Melilla Have Not Always Been Regarded as Fully Spanish

No, Ceuta and Melilla Have Not Always Been Regarded as Fully Spanish

August 18, 2026
Spain Calls for Investigation Into Morocco’s Role in Ceuta Migration Crisis

Spain Calls for Investigation Into Morocco’s Role in Ceuta Migration Crisis

August 18, 2026
Susie Wiles Andy Birnham

Impostor Posing as Susie Wiles Tricks UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?