Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Morocco » Moroccan Teenager Crushed to Death by Truck in Ceuta

Moroccan Teenager Crushed to Death by Truck in Ceuta

zack-oudrhiribyzack-oudrhiri
Feb, 16, 2019
0 0
A A
Moroccan Teenager Crushed to Death by Truck in Ceuta

Moroccan Teenager Crushed to Death by Truck in Ceuta

Rabat – Ilias, a 15-year-old Moroccan lost his life on February 14 in the port of Ceuta.

Originally from Martil, he had been living in Ceuta for two months “in an attempt to hide inside a vehicle and migrate to Europe,” according to El Faro de Ceuta.

Ilis “was seriously wounded in the head and died almost instantly” despite the presence of the emergency services, the newspaper recounted.

According to the local Spanish authorities, the boy died as a result of a collision between a truck and a nacelle carrying an excavator.

Ceuta’s Civil Guardia opened an investigation on the tragedy and the port cameras will be examined to find out its circumstances.

“The deceased is said to have made several attempts to travel to the peninsula in this way,” said El Faro de Ceuta.

The Caballas coalition, a left-wing Spanish party, convened for one minute of silence before the city hall.

Mohamed Ali, the spokesman for the party, criticized local institutions.

“We believe that the minute of silence should serve in this city as a turning point for a change in mentality, not only of citizens but also of political institutions in the face of the phenomenon of unaccompanied foreign minors,” said Ali.

“No one denies that more resources are needed or that the State should be more involved. Criminalizing this group, which is only trying to build a better future for itself, is unacceptable.” 

“We have to blame the institutions that have created a hostile climate towards these minors,” he added.

Last month, the party was said to plan to propose at the Assembly of Ceuta a parliamentary initiative to urge the Government of Spain to “negotiate a new Good Neighbor Treaty with Morocco,” according to Europa Press.

The treaty should “defend” both territories of the process of “economic suffocation” that they consider Morocco has “devised on them to advance its annexationist” demands, the party said.

Among other things, the text of the proposal calls for is creating new coordination mechanisms between the two countries to address “the phenomenon of unaccompanied foreign minors.”

This is the second immigrant death in the port of Ceuta in less than a year.

In June, a teenager, identified by his friends as Omar ‘Susi,’ 16 years old, was crushed to death by a truck. The Civil Guard arrested two drivers involved in the fatal incident, one of them for homicide, said El Faro.

In October, two hundred migrants attempted to jump the border between Morocco and Melilla. One of the migrants died of a heart attack.

In July, at least 600 migrants crossed the border from Morocco to the Spanish enclave Ceuta.

In 2018, almost all of the 3,344 unaccompanied minors from the MENA region who entered Ceuta were Moroccan. The number of unaccompanied and underage migrants from MENA crossing to the Ceuta border increased by over 400 percent compared to in 2017.

Tags: Borders between Morocco and Ceutaillegal immigrants in CeutaMoroccan in Ceutathe Ceuta borders
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?