Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Imlil Murders: Prosecution Office Calls for Death Penalty Against 3 Main Suspects

Imlil Murders: Prosecution Office Calls for Death Penalty Against 3 Main Suspects

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Jun, 27, 2019
0 0
A A
Imlil Murders: Prosecution Office Calls for Death Penalty Against 3 Main Suspects

Imlil Murders: Prosecution Office Calls for Death Penalty Against 3 Main Suspects

Rabat  – The Public Prosecution called on  the Court of Appeal in Sale to give death penalty to three main suspects involved in the killing of two Scandinavian tourists near Mount Toubkal in December 2018.

Lawyer of the suspects Hafida Maksaoui told Morocco World News on Thursday, June 27, that the Public Prosecutor condemned the “savagery” of the crimes committed by the suspects, asking for the ultimate punishment.

The prosecutor’s representative, Madsaoui said, had asked for the court to hand a life sentence to the fourth main suspect involved in the crime.

The four main suspects confessed to  killing the two Scandinavian tourists.

The prosecutor also called on the court to hand verdicts ranging between 3 and 10 years to the remaining defendants who were not directly involved in the murders.

The court have postponed again postponed further sessions, Maksaoui told MWN. The trial will now continue in two weeks, allowing defense time to prepare.

Autopsy report

The report, outlining the horrific injuries sustained by the two victims, was also discussed during Thursday’s court session.

The report was disclosed at the Court of Appeal in Sale, where the hearings of the 24 suspects connected in the murder has been taking place since May 2.

The report showed that Danish tourist Louisa Vesterager Jespersen sustained 23 injuries. A rupture in the neck and decapitation caused her tragic death.

She was injured in her left eye, forehead, and left ear. She also sustained several other injuries to her left hand, fingers, and leg.

Norwegian victim Maren Ueland suffered seven injuries and two fractures, one of which was in her ribcage.

She also suffered from a deep wound of 20 centimeters on her throat.

The prosecution representative said that the findings of the autopsy demonstrate  the “savagery” of the crime committed by “human beasts.”

The Sale court closed the hearing of the case on June 21 following a series of court sessions with the 24 suspects allegedly involved in the case.

The four main suspects, who appeared in a video pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi last year, confessed the crimes attributed to them.

The four main suspects fa are facing multiple charges, including forming a gang to commit terror crimes, and intentionally taking a life in a premeditated attack.

The main suspects will also face charges of inciting people to commit terror acts, praising terrorism, and promoting extremism.

In addition to the suspects, lawyers representing the victims want the country to bear its responsibility.

The lawyers claimed that Morocco shows the region as a tourist site “without providing safety” in the area.

The families of the victims, who hired the lawyers, did not specify the amount of compensation they are claiming from the state.

Tags: Imlil muderImlil murder victimsMorocco’s BCIJ Arrests 3 Suspects for Murders of Scandinavian Tourists
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?