The conscripts will start their military journey on September 1.
FAR said in a statement that it will select 15,000 conscripts to perform this year’s military service.
The statement also called on all people summoned to reach the military units mentioned in the notice they received an on the date specified therein.
FAR recalled that the 17 military units spread throughout Morocco are mobilized to accommodate the conscripts and transfer them by military coaches to training centers located in the cities of Larache, Al Hoceima, Bouarga Dakhla, Laayoune, Meknes, Agadir, Casablanca, Raza, Ojda, Errachidia, Kenitra, Ouarzazate, Mediouna, Tadla, and Guelmim.
The statement quoted by Maghreb Arab Press (MAP) added that several commissions will deal with the files of the conscripts. The military service for the 2019-2020 year will begin on September 1.
Conscripts aged 19 to 25 are eligible to perform the mandatory military service.
People with financial dependents or disabilities will be exempted from the military service. However, people over the age of 25 who were previously exempted can still be called up until the age of 40 if the reason for their exemption is no longer relevant.
In June, the Minister of Interior Abdelouafi Laftit said that the number of people who filled in the census forms to perform the military service has reached 133,820, including 13,614 female volunteers.
Last year in August, a government statement announced that Morocco will re-introduce the military service after it was abolished in 2006.
Before the reintroduction of the program, Moroccans were subject to 18-month military service in accordance with Royal Decree 137-66 in 1966.
In 1999, however, Morocco reduced the length of service to 12 months.
For Morocco, the compulsory military service seeks to “promote patriotism among the young, within the framework of the correlation between the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.”