Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Morocco » Morocco’s Head Coach Not Happy with Amine Harit’s Performance

Morocco’s Head Coach Not Happy with Amine Harit’s Performance

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Nov, 11, 2019
0 0
A A
Morocco’s Head Coach Not Happy with Amine Harit’s Performance

Morocco’s Head Coach Not Happy with Amine Harit’s Performance

Rabat – Amine Harit’s previous performance with the Moroccan national football team has not satisfied Morocco’s head coach Vahid Halilhodzic.

The Bosnian coach has not named Harit on the 24 member squad list for the Mauritania and Burundi games.

The games are part of the 2021 African Cup of Nations qualifiers. The international football player expressed surprise at not being called up for the games with a small caption on his social media.

Harit commented on his non-selection on Canal Football Club, a sports show aired on Canal+ on Sunday, November 10.

The 22-year old international said he does“not understand” why he was not called for the qualifier games.

Read Also: Vahid Halilhodzic in Search of Working Formula for Morocco’s Atlas Lions

He said that he heard that the decision was due to “disciplinary problems that did not happen.”

Harit recounted that he contacted the Atlas Lions coach to ask for the reason why he was not selected.

“He told me that there were things he did not appreciate from both my club and myself, about the fact that I had some pain and my club asked me to be careful.”

The Moroccan football player added that the Bosnian coach doesn’t “appreciate my performances.”

“I understand, and I accept it.”

Harit said that perhaps he is“not good enough” and added that he must work more to regain his place.

“Of course I want to be in [Morocco’s] selection,” he said.

Lol ?????

— Amine Harit (@Amine_000) 7 novembre 2019

Harit was among key football players in former head coach Herve Renard’s selection. He participated with the Atlas Lions in the 2018 World Cup.

Bundesliga News announced on October 18 that Harit won the Bundesliga September player of the month.

The Bundesliga News added that the international player had an excellent month with his German football club Schalke 04.

The 22-year old player scored four goals and made two assists in Bundesliga matches throughout September.

Harit “saw off competition from Philippe Coutinho, Joshua Kimmich, Robert Lewandowski, Stefan Lainer and Christian Günter,” the Bundesliga report added.

Harit, in an article he wrote earlier this year, expressed his attachment to Morocco.

?️ “Peut-être que je ne suis pas assez bon et qu’il faut que je travaille plus pour gagner ma place dans ce groupe. Mais bien sûr que j’ai envie d’être en sélection !”

Notre invité @Amine_000 Harit revient sur sa non-convocation lors du dernier rassemblement du Maroc ?? pic.twitter.com/AtQcrW7Ejh

— Canal Football Club (@CanalFootClub) 10 novembre 2019

He shared his story with his fans, friends and relatives, and those who didn’t yet know his name.

In  the “Remember the Name” article, Harit said that he loves France for giving him “everything in” in his life. Morocco, however, remains special for him because “Moroccans… are my people too.”

Tags: Amine HaritAtlas lions and world CupMorocco’s national football team Vahid Halilovic
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Trump Moves to Reduce Military Drills With South Korea

Trump Moves to Reduce Military Drills With South Korea

August 17, 2026
Morocco has tightened entry restrictions on Nigerian passengers without visas.

Morocco Tightens Transit Rules on Nigerians Over Fake Schengen Visas, Absconding

August 17, 2026
Morocco to Face Saudi Arabia in Futsal Friendlies Ahead of 2026 AFCON

Morocco to Face Saudi Arabia in Futsal Friendlies Ahead of 2026 AFCON

August 17, 2026
Spanish Government Sources; It Is Thanks to Morocco That Spain Was Able to Tackle Ceuta Crisis

Spanish Government Sources: It Is Thanks to Morocco That Spain Was Able to Tackle Ceuta Crisis

August 17, 2026
Maresca Breaks Silence on Bouaddi Amid Manchester City Move

Maresca Breaks Silence on Bouaddi Amid Manchester City Move

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?