Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Economy » UK’s Chariot Oil & Gas Secures Buyer for Larache Gas in Morocco

UK’s Chariot Oil & Gas Secures Buyer for Larache Gas in Morocco

Chariot Oil & Gas, a gas exploration company, has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the sale of gas with a “leading international energy group,” the UK-based oil company said in a statement, without revealing the identity of the buyer

hanna-nepomucenobyhanna-nepomuceno
Nov, 01, 2021
0 0
A A
UK’s Chariot Oil & Gas Secures Buyer for Larache Gas in Morocco

UK’s Chariot Oil & Gas Secures Buyer for Larache Gas in Morocco

Rabat- Chariot Oil & Gas, a gas exploration company, has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the sale of gas with a “leading international energy group,” the UK-based oil company said in a statement, without revealing the identity of the buyer. 

According to the MoU, a maximum of 20 years is stipulated in the protocol for gas delivery to the buyer from a daily volume of nearly 40 million cubic feet per day.

In case of difficulties from its partner, the principle of payment will enable Chariot to continue developing its project. Moreover, a framework has been outlined for establishing a long-term partnership between the two companies, according to a Chariot statement.

It is expected that negotiations will result in a final investment decision next year and production on-site will begin two years later, in 2024.

In addition to the purchase agreement, “an agreed framework process has begun to establish a long-term partnership,” the gas company said. It added, “The parties will advance discussions with a view to signing final agreements for the implementation of Anchovy gas development with a final investment decision targeted in 2022 and gas production in 2024.”

Adonis Pouroulis, the interim CEO of Chariot Oil & Gas, said, “I am very happy to announce this Memorandum of Understanding on the sale of gas and the partnership.”

He continued, “With the recent high international gas prices, this agreement clearly demonstrates that there is significant demand to support the development of Anchovy gas. It will accelerate the development of this value-creating gas project, for the benefit of all stakeholders. ” Lixus Offshore is licensed to drill anchovy wells. The British company owns 75%, while Morocco’s National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines (ONHYM) will have 25% ownership. The area is approximately 2390 square kilometers, and the water depth ranges from 850 meters to the coastline.

In September, Chariot entered into an agreement with offshore drilling company Stena Drilling to use its drilling rig for exploration drilling of the Anchois gas field within the Lixus license, offshore Morocco.

Drilling operations are set to begin in December 2021 and are expected to take up to approximately 40 days.

Chariot’s current objectives are to confirm the amount of gas and the quality of the reservoir in order to establish feasibility for future development and potentially deepen the well to reach reserves hidden at previously unexplored depths

 

Tags: Chariot Oil & GasMoroccoOiloil explorationoil exploration in Morocco
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Arsenal Outclass Man City 3-0 to Claim Community Shield

Arsenal Outclass Man City 3-0 to Claim Community Shield

August 16, 2026
Cameroon have been crowned Women’s Africa Cup of Nations champions for the first time after defeating Malawi 3-0 in Sunday’s final

Cameroon Beat Malawi 3-0 to Win First WAFCON Title

August 16, 2026
Cancelo Cuts Al Hilal Ties to Seal Permanent Barcelona Return

Cancelo Cuts Al Hilal Ties to Seal Permanent Barcelona Return

August 16, 2026
En-Nesyri Blames Officiating After Al-Ittihad Draw

En-Nesyri Blames Officiating After Al-Ittihad Draw

August 16, 2026
Barcelona have reportedly reached an agreement with Manchester City to sign Spain midfielder Rodri in a deal

Barcelona Agree Deal Worth Up to $88.5 Million for Rodri

August 16, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?