Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » King Mohammed VI Holds Iftar in Honor of Spain’s PM Sanchez

King Mohammed VI Holds Iftar in Honor of Spain’s PM Sanchez

King Mohamed VI hosted Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez for an Iftar meal in his royal residence in Sale on Thursday.

oussama-aamaribyoussama-aamari
Apr, 07, 2022
0 0
A A
King Mohammed VI Holds Iftar in Honor of Spain’s PM Sanchez

King Mohammed VI Holds Iftar in Honor of Spain's PM Sanchez

Rabat – King Mohamed VI hosted Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez for an Iftar meal in his royal residence in Sale on Thursday.

Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan, Prince Moulay Rachid, Head of Government Aziz Akhannouch, Advisor to the King Fouad Ali El Himma, and Minister of Foreign Affairs Nasser Bourita were also in attendance.

The Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs Jose Manuel Albares and the Spanish Ambassador to Rabat Ricardo Diez-Hochleitner also attended as part of the Spanish delegation.

Morocco’s Head of Government Akhannouch greeted his Spanish counterpart on Thursday upon his arrival at  Rabat-Sale airport.

“The visit that Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez is currently engaged in in our country presents an opportunity to affirm the strengths of the historic, political, economic, and cultural ties that link our kingdoms,” Akhannouch said on a Facebook post.

Sanchez’s visit comes as a response to the king’s invitation during a phone call on March 31st, and marks the end of a diplomatic crisis between Rabat and Madrid.

Spain’s government officially voiced its support for Morocco’s autonomy plan for the Sahara, dubbing it the most credible and serious effort to resolve the dispute.

The Spanish support of Morocco’s autonomy plan marked the end of diplomatic tensions between the countries over the past year, and paved the way for a new phase of relations between the two countries.

Earlier today, Sanchez reaffirmed his country’s position during a meeting with the king, where they also agreed to work on improving bilateral ties between Rabat and Madrid and establish a roadmap for working together in the future.

Read Also: Sanchez Renews Spanish Support for Morocco’s Autonomy Plan in Meeting with King Mohammed VI

In addition to Sanchez’s meetings with King Mohamed VI, Spain’s Foreign Affairs Minister Jose Manuel Albares is expected to hold talks with his Moroccan counterpart Nasser Bourita during the visit.

Albares previously expressed optimism on ties between the two countries, seeing “a new stage” of relations between the two.

Tags: iftarKing Moahmmed VIMorocco spainMorocco Spain relationsPedro SanchezWestern sahara
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco internationals Nahila Benzina and Hanan Ait El Haj have been named in the CAF Technical Study Group’s Best XI for the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).

Moroccan Duo Named in CAF’s Best XI for WAFCON 2026

August 22, 2026
Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s women’s beach volleyball team has reached the semifinals of the African Beach Volleyball Championship in Alexandria after defeating Algeria 2-1 on Friday.

Morocco Women Reach Beach Volleyball Semifinals, Secure 2027 World Cup Spot

August 22, 2026
Military personnel on the streets of Ceuta, August 20, 2026, in Ceuta, Spain. Marcos Moreno / Europa Press

Spain Sends Over 150 Canary Islands Troops to Reinforce Ceuta

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?