Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » International » Gaza » Israel’s War on Gaza Is Deadliest for Journalists in Over 3 Decades

Israel’s War on Gaza Is Deadliest for Journalists in Over 3 Decades

Israeli Occupation Force’s (IOF) relentless aggression in the Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank is now the deadliest war for journalists since 1992, when the

jihane-rahhoubyjihane-rahhou
Jan, 26, 2024
0 0
A A
Since October 2023, the IOF has killed nearly 220 journalists

Since October 2023, the IOF has killed nearly 220 journalists

Rabat – Israeli Occupation Force’s (IOF) relentless aggression in the Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank is now the deadliest war for journalists since 1992, when the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) started gathering data on the matter.

Since its start on October 7 of last year, Israel’s bloody war on Palestinian territories has left a trail of destruction and claimed over 26,000 lives, with most casualties recorded among civilians, the majority being children.

Beyond civilian casualties, the war resulted in an unprecedented toll on journalists, the CPJ announced on Thursday. 

In a report, CPJ said it is actively investigating all reports of journalists and media workers who have been killed, injured, or gone missing during the ongoing war.

As of January 25, CPJ’s preliminary investigations indicate that at least 83 journalists and media workers have been killed since the start of Israeli aggression. 

Journalists in Gaza face exceptionally high risks, dealing with devastating air strikes from the IOF, disrupted communications, supply shortages, and extensive power outages during the Israeli ground assault.

As of January 25, 83 journalists and media workers have reported to be murdered, in which 76 were Palestinians, four Israeli, and three Lebanese. Additionally, t 16 journalists have been reported injured, 25 arrested, and three missing.

CPJ says that it is actively investigating numerous unconfirmed reports of journalists facing harm or threats, along with damage to media offices and personal homes.

The CPJ adds that these reports include incidents of jounralists being assaulted, threatened, censored, and subjected to cyberattacks. There have even been reported incidents of IOF forces targeting and killing family members of these journalists. 

Sherif Mansour, CPJ’s Middle East and North Africa program coordinator, said that “journalists across the region are making great sacrifices to cover this heart-breaking conflict. Those in Gaza, in particular, have paid, and continue to pay, an unprecedented toll and face exponential threats.”

Read Also: Israel’s Bloody Gaza War Alters Not Only Arab But World’s Perception of West

Tags: gaza warIsraeljournalists
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco’s women’s beach volleyball team has reached the semifinals of the African Beach Volleyball Championship in Alexandria after defeating Algeria 2-1 on Friday.

Morocco Women Reach Beach Volleyball Semifinals, Secure 2027 World Cup Spot

August 22, 2026
Military personnel on the streets of Ceuta, August 20, 2026, in Ceuta, Spain. Marcos Moreno / Europa Press

Spain Sends Over 150 Canary Islands Troops to Reinforce Ceuta

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s Caracal Helicopter Deal Tops Major French Arms Contracts in 2025

Morocco’s Caracal Helicopter Deal Tops Major French Arms Contracts in 2025

August 22, 2026
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has ordered the Senegalese Football Federation’s Appeals Committee to accept and examine a challenge filed by former presidential candidate Mady Touré against the election of current federation president Abdoulaye Fall.

CAS Orders Senegal Football Appeals Committee to Accept Mady Touré’s Challenge Against Abdoulaye Fall

August 22, 2026
“Ceuta and Melilla will remain a subject of dialogue between us and Spain, and we will hold to our historical right and our geographical right,” said Morocco’s Justice Minister Abdellatif Ouahbi.

Ouahbi Presses the Ceuta and Melilla File Anew While a Nettled Madrid Bolts the Door

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?