Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » International » Gaza » Biden: Israel Has Agreed to Comprehensive Gaza Ceasefire Proposal

Biden: Israel Has Agreed to Comprehensive Gaza Ceasefire Proposal

US President Joe Biden announced during a press conference at the White House today that Israel has agreed to a detailed proposal aimed at achieving a lasting ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.

Sara ZouitenbySara Zouiten
May, 31, 2024
0 0
A A
Biden: Israel Has Agreed to Comprehensive Gaza Ceasefire Proposal

Biden: Israel Has Agreed to Comprehensive Gaza Ceasefire Proposal

Rabat – US President Joe Biden announced during a press conference at the White House today that Israel has agreed to a detailed proposal aimed at achieving a lasting ceasefire in the Gaza Strip. 

The plan, which Biden described as a “roadmap to an enduring ceasefire,” outlines three phases. 

The first phase is an immediate six-week cessation of hostilities and the withdrawal of Israeli forces from populated areas in Gaza. This phase is said to include a prisoner exchange, where captives held in Gaza, including women, the elderly, and American hostages, will be released in exchange for hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in Israel. In addition, humanitarian aid will be allowed to flow into Gaza to alleviate the dire shortages caused by the war.

“There are American hostages who would be released at this stage, and we want them home,” Biden said, noting that Qatar had conveyed the proposal to Hamas.

The second phase of the plan would include the release of all remaining hostages, the permanent withdrawal of Israeli forces, and a permanent cessation of hostilities.

Meanwhile, the third phase would focus on the reconstruction of war-torn Gaza and the return of the remains of any deceased captives.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said in a statement that the government “is united in its desire to return the hostages as soon as possible and is working to achieve this goal.”

“The Prime Minister authorized the negotiating team to present a proposal to that end, which would also enable Israel to continue the war until all its objectives are achieved, including the destruction of Hamas’s military and governing capabilities,” the statement added.

Biden’s announcement comes as his administration faces widespread protests and criticism for its support of the Israeli offensive in Gaza, which has resulted in significant Palestinian casualties and humanitarian crises. 

More than 36,000 Palestinians have been killed since the conflict began in early October last year, and the Israeli siege has led to severe shortages of food, water, and medical supplies in Gaza.

Despite skepticism about the feasibility of the proposal, Biden assured that the US, alongside Qatar and Egypt, would guarantee its implementation and work to maintain the ceasefire and negotiations. 

Tags: ceasefireGazaIsraelJoe Biden
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Pep Guardiola’s extraordinary dedication to Manchester City came under the spotlight after a new Amazon Prime documentary revealed previously unseen moments from behind the scenes at the English club.

Guardiola’s Emotional Manchester City Outburst: “I Gave My Life for You, What Did You Give Me?”

August 19, 2026
Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

August 18, 2026
Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

August 18, 2026
WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

August 18, 2026
Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?