Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Gaza » Hamas Rejects Extension of the First Phase of Gaza Ceasefire

Hamas Rejects Extension of the First Phase of Gaza Ceasefire

Hamas said on Saturday that it rejects Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar’s proposal to extend the first phase.

Issam ToutatebyIssam Toutate
Mar, 01, 2025
0 0
A A
The talks have an initial focus of striking a deal on the release of the remaining Israeli hostages held in Gaza in exchange for Palestinian prisoners in Israel.

The talks have an initial focus of striking a deal on the release of the remaining Israeli hostages held in Gaza in exchange for Palestinian prisoners in Israel.

Rabat – As the first phase of Gaza ceasefire comes to an end today, negotiations of the second stage seem to be stalled due to inconclusive outcomes.

Although “intensive talks” on Gaza ceasefire brought together officials from Israel, mediators from Qatar and the US in Cairo on Thursday, talks over a second stage of the ceasefire have not taken place so far.

The talks in Egypt were meant to focus on a permanent and complete withdrawal of Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) and the end of its assaults in Gaza. 

But Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar suggested extension of the first stage of the ceasefire.

“We said we are ready to extend the framework [of phase one] in return for the release of more hostages. If it is possible, we’ll do that,” Saar said.

Hamas said on Saturday it rejects Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar’s proposal to extend the first phase.

The group’s spokesperson, Hazem Qassem, argued that Israel should bear responsibility for delaying actual negotiations over the second phase of the ceasefire.

“Israel wants to extend the first phase to secure the release of more captives” and potentially resume its genocide on the war-torn Gaza, Qassem argued.

The Palestinian group has previously confirmed “full commitment to implementing all the terms of the agreement in all its stages and details.”

What this means to Gazans

As far as there are no clues over the second phase, and since the first stage is coming to an end today, Palestinians fear that Israel should resume its genocidal assaults on the ground.

With nothing confirmed, there is no legal obligation that would halt the IOF from committing its raids in Gaza or enable the ceasefire to sustain.

A return to military action would also prevent humanitarian aid access to the Gaza enclave.

The six-week ceasefire has enabled a growing flow of humanitarian aid to Gaza, the World Food Programme (WFP) said, adding: “The ceasefire must hold. There can be no going back.”

Halting progress to the next round of the ceasefire deal is splintering hopes of Gazans to rejoin their peace and rebuild the devastated Gaza.

Tags: Gaza ceasefireGaza ceasefire negotiationsHamas and Israel
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?